- Changes to Premier Play and the Banned and Restricted List—Read commentary by Matt Sperling Justin Turner Conley Woods
Standard and Block
- Back to Brewing—($SCG) Patrick Chapin is brewing up a storm of interesting Standard decks.
- Hate—Mike Flores runs down a few of the interesting directions being taken in Standard including packing hate such as Torpor Orb.
- BUG Tezzeret—Frank Lepore shares yet another deck.
- Esper Gauntlet—LSV bashes through Birthing Pod with his Esper build to kick off this week’s gauntlet. Josh Silvestri shares his thoughts on the deck here.
- Proliferate Red—Darwin Kastle’s twisted take on RDW includes Tezzeret’s Gambit.
- Drafting Innistrad for Dummies—Marc Anderson’s excellent run-down of Innistrad archetypes and the cards gain value once you are on point.
- Milling yourself to Victory—Melissa Detora on how Spiders and Burning Vengeance can help you deck your opponent.
- An Uncommon Synergy—Noah Weil learns a format by playing with its commons, but feels he’s mastered it when he’s embraced its uncommons.
- ISD#5—Mike Nass starts off down a spiritual UW path, but then jumps into Red after it appears to be wide open.
- Masque Block Pulls into Port—Enderfall of Mtgoacademy provides a strategy guide for drafting Masques.
- ‘Tis the Season—Zach Whitten tries his hand at drafting Mercadian Masques.
Vintage, Legacy, and Modern
- Welcome to the Format, A Legacy Bloodbath—Michael Martin plays five rounds with One-drop Zoo.
- Maverick with Punishing Fire—($SCG) Gerry Thompson reminds us that Punishing Grove is still legal in Legacy.
- Picking your Best Frankenstein—($SCG) Drew Levin considers the best reanimation targets available to Legacy players.
- The Restricted Delver Primer—Marius Van Zundert advocates a novel idea—attacking with creatures in Vintage.
- Modern Gifts are Given—Valeriy Shunkov emerges from some extended Modern brewing sessions now that Punishing Fire and Wild Nacatl
- Smaller Zoo, More Animals—Deckbuilders like Conley Woods tend to thrive in newly-shaken environments. Here’s Conley’s take on Modern without the oppressive kitty.
Casual and Variant Format
- State of the Format and What’s Next for Me—Sheldon Menery’s Christmas-time Inventory of Commander includes his thoughts of possible bannings of Primeval Titan, Consecrated Sphinx, and Trade Secrets.
- X Marks the Spot—X-mas has Mike Cannon in mood for X spells like Devil’s Play and Comet Storm.
- 100 Combo decks in 20 Weeks—Abe Sargent ponders the very nature of “combo” as he kicks off this casual series.
- Zedruu the Greathearted—Carlos Guiterrez’ Voltron has a heart of a Minotaur.
Miscellaneous and Theory
- My Penultimate Step—Mike Linnemann is taking a full time job at Fantasy Flight Games, he looks at the status of ten of his long-term projects.
- Mortal Combat—PVDdR gets theoretical about the red zone on the battlefield.
- 3-D Dragons—Andrew Sitte loves how dragon artwork translates into three dimensions. Today he shares his Scion.