News and Set Reviews
- Innistrad Pre-release Record—Innistrad’s classic horror themes combined with events being held at local game stores to smash attendance records.
- MtGO Pre-release—Events have been scheduled and QP tables are set. Hopefully, the virtual tournaments won’t be turning players away.
Standard and Block
- The Top Six Decks in Standard—Alexander Shearer counts down his six picks in the emerging meta-game.
- Innistrad Gauntlet—Zach Krizan overviews the deck in heavy rotation in his play-test group.
- The Verdict is Inn—Reuben Bresler reconsiders Scars block and M12 cards in the context of Innistrad’s arrival.
- Red Deck Winnistrad—Adam Yurchick on the lightning fast red deck off to a strong start in the brand-spanking new format.
- Esper Control (SCG$) — Brad Nelson pushes the controlling elements of the Solar Flare archetype with this powerful brew.
- The Return of Solar Flare—Gavin Verhey on the mysterious origin of the archetype’s name and why the current version is worth sleeving up.
- The Guide to Smashing with Giant Artifacts in Standard—Travis Woo is psyched about Colossus Brown.
- Dredging in Standard (SCG$) — Sam Black gets the graveyard engine started in type two.
- Building with Innistrad—Darwin Kastle gets back to brewing and shares four powerful and relatively affordable lists.
- I like to Pod—Carrie Oliver updates her Bant Pod list for the post-rotation metagame.
- Innistrad Prerelease—Dan Barrett provides his tournament report and a Sealed deck widget so you can build along at home.
- Exploring Standard and Limited with Innistrad—Ashley Morway on key elements of the limited environment including a more reasonable role for bombs.
- Set Review Conclusion—LSV lists his favorite cards for both Constructed and Limited after he rounds out his set review with the back end of the set.
- Innnistrad Limited Review—Kenji Egashira picks up where he left off last week with his review of Black and Red in Innistrad limited.
Vintage, Legacy, and Modern
- Breaking the Curse—Christopher Walton took down a top-four finish in Indy with his Re-animator.
- Mind your Misstep—Adrian Posoiu ventures into a brave new world.
- Junk in Legacy (SCG$) — Brian Kibler posts a series of videos against a gauntlet without Mental Misstep.
Casual and Variant Formats
- Innistrad’s Impact on Commander—Jeremy Blair is flying high post-rotation with Zendikar prices dropping and Innistrad’s exciting new cards.
- The Commander Box: Lay of the Land—Adam Styborksi’s series continues with a look at the real estate that powers those epic Commander plays.
- War Stories—Jack LaCroix discusses his four pillars of a Commander playgroup.
- Horde Magic—Peter Knudson’s introduction to a new format with 60% creature tokens that plays out a bit like Archenemy.
- Deathly Dominion—Ertai’s Lament reviews the most Morbid of Innistrad’s precons.
- ISD Rockers and Sleepers—Ryan Bushard shares the highlights from his acquire and dump lists and updates his Box to Extended journey.
- The Immediate Impact of Innistrad—Chas Andres considers if Liliana of the Veil is the next Jace or the next Tezzeret.
Theory and Miscellany
- Altered Reality Challenge #3—Andrew Sitte’s 3-D Squee takes the gold of the Innistrad-themed Commander challenge.
- Asian Magic Communities—Daniel Pham details the unique elements of Magic communities in Japan including their system of sempais and kohais.
- The Llanowar Sentinel—Debbie Freeland’s bi-weekly lampoon details a Judge’s system based on Planeswalker Points.