Whether you find the holiday cheerfully reverent, or annoyingly overdone, St. Valentine’s Day is one that no one can avoid running into. While Trick left (for DailyMTG.com) his love for us all burns ever brighter. To celebrate, this is the Altered Reality Challenge #5!
Alterers must adapt a card to St. Valentine’s Day, but it may not be a basic land. Whether your alter is celebratory or condemning is entirely up to you.
Judges will rate each entry on the four axes below:
- Creativity – Is the idea unique or clever?
- Execution – Is the alter well done?
- Complexity – How complex is the alter?
- Thematic – How on-theme is the alter?
Popular Vote – When all the entries are posted, we will open up voting to the general public and determine a secondary winner.
Judge Vote – Submissions will also be judged by a group of well-known alterers from the community:
- Eric Klug – http://klugalters.blogspot.com/
- Jeremy Froggatt – www.mtgalters.com
- Drew Sitte – Reknown 3D alterer
Rules for Entry
- You must physically alter a card. You may decide how to do alter it, and in what sort of medium. No digital alterations will be accepted.
- Your entry must be your own. No entering on behalf of others.
- You must send clear photos of your alter. Scanning tends to give best results.
- Your alter must follow the prompt set forth above.
- Each submission must be in our e-mail inbox by the announced deadline to qualify.
- You may only enter one alter.
- Have fun!
The judged winner will again receive a $30 gift certificate to CoolStuffInc.com, the popular vote winner will receive a $30 gift certificate, and the popular vote runner-up will receive a $15 gift certificate to CoolStuffInc.com.
Yes, the same person can win both the judging and the popular vote.
Your entry must be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject line “ARC #5” and have the images attached.
Along with the images, your e-mail should contain the following info:
- Full Name
- E-mail Address
- Twitter Account (if applicable)
- Title of the Alter (if applicable),
- Description , notes, or any relevant links.
Deadline to Enter: Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. EST
Entries Posted: Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012 (public voting opens)
Voting Closes: Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. EST
Winners Announced: Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2011