It's beginning to look at like winter! Here in the far southern reaches of the United States we're no longer sweating without reason and leaving our doors open causes discomfort only from mosquitoes rather than hellacious heat. That's winter by our definition.
So I'm back to bring you all Altered Reality Challenge #4!
Alterers must Winter-mogrify a card, but not a basic land. So you need to season shift or re-imagine a card as taking place in a Winter Wonderland.
Judges will rate each entry on the three axes below, and provide their comments.
- Artistic Merit
- Quality of Work
Popular Vote – When all the entries are posted, we will open up voting to the general public and determine a secondary winner. This round of judging will be judged by a group yet to be announced.
Rules for Entry
- You must physically alter a card. You may decide how to do the alter and in what sort of medium, but no digital alterations will be accepted.
- Your entry must be your own. No entering on behalf of others.
- You must send clear photos of your alter. Scanning tends to give best results.
- Your alter must follow the prompt set forth above.
- Each submission must be in our e-mail inbox by the announced deadline to qualify.
- You may only enter one alter.
- Have fun!
The judged winner will again receive a $30 gift certificate to CoolStuffInc.com, the popular vote winner will receive a $30 gift certificate, and the popular vote runner-up will receive a $15 gift certificate to CoolStuffInc.com. Yes, the same person can win both the judging and the popular vote.
Your entry must be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject line “ARC #4” and have the images attached. Along with the images, your e-mail should contain the following info: name, e-mail address, Twitter Account (if applicable), title for alter (if applicable), description / note, any relevant links.
Deadline for entries: Monday, Nov. 7, 2011 11:59:59 p.m. EST
Entries posted: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2011 (voting opens)
Voting Closes: Monday, Nov. 14, 2011 11:59:59 p.m. EST
Winners Announced: Wednesday, Nov. 16th, 2011