Note: Forgotten War is not a complete game. Ownership of the Advanced Squad Leader Game System is required for play.
For the first time, an Advanced Squad Leader module steps outside of the traditional World War II era to bring you FORGOTTEN WAR, covering the Korean War of 1950-1953.
New rules in FORGOTTEN WAR cover Steep Hills (reflecting the difficulties of movement and combat in the rugged Korean terrain); Bayonet Charges; Proximity Fuses; and enhanced Air Support featuring Tactical Air Control Parties, airborne Forward Air Controllers, and the jet-propelled aircraft of the era such as the F-80C Shooting Star and the F9F-2 Panther.
FORGOTTEN WAR includes several new nationalities, each with its own distinct characteristics, and expands some existing nationalities. FORGOTTEN WAR nationalities include the following:
United Nations (U.N.) Forces:
- R.O.K. (Republic of Korea);
- O.U.N.C. (Other United Nations Commands), representing forces from such countries as Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Thailand, and Turkey, all of whom contributed to the U.N. effort;
- U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps;
- British and Commonwealth (Australian, Canadian, and New Zealand) forces
- K.P.A. (Korean People's Army)
- C.P.V.A. (Chinese People's Volunteer Army)
- 7 Countersheets
Four 8"x22" Maps
16 ASL Scenarios
Chapter W Rules for the Korean War
Chapter H Rules for American, Commonwealth, O.U.N.C., R.O.K., K.P.A., and C.P.V.A.
2 Chapter Dividers