As announced last night in his article 'Are You Watching Closely?', Trick announced that starting next month, he will be working for Wizards of the Coast as their Content Specialist overseeing DailyMTG.com.
That means the hunt is on for someone able to take over GatheringMagic.com. Are you interested? Here's the job listing:
Wanted: Content Manager
CoolStuffInc.com is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, Magic loving individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing, and basic graphic design to work as the Content Manager for GatheringMagic.com.
The Content Manager will be responsible developing the voice for GatheringMagic, recruiting and working with the writing staff for the site. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, the Content Manager will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, newsletters, social media and pursuing other advertising opportunities.
- Create, develop and manage content for GatheringMagic (using WordPress as the CMS)
- Maintain a consistent voice for the site
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
- Oversee staff writers, guest writers and volunteers
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant trends in Magic and websites.
- Track and report on site metrics
- Work cooperatively with CoolStuffInc employees and development team
- Be Awesome
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic image editing skills whether through Photoshop or another graphic editor
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field, or relevant work history
- A desire to continue to build an amazing Magic website
Applications are Closed - With dozens of entries we've closed the window on further applications for the position. (Nov. 9th, 2011)