Welcome back everyone to another week of Pauper playables! In case you missed it last week, I wrote about and listed all of the White and Blue cards that you're likely to see in the Pauper format. This week continues with the Black and Red cards, with the remaining cards coming in the two weeks thereafter. By popular request, I'll also do an additional piece featuring a full text list of these cards for those who might prefer that over the visual spoiler look of these pieces.
As a reminder, these lists pull cards generally based on at least one of the following criteria:
- Has shown up in a proven, tier deck.
- Is a popular favorite among lower tier decks.
- May have fallen out of favor recently but still good at one point and may be good here or there.
- Is a newer card from the last few releases that may have not had its time to shine.
- Is a card that is close to breaking out, but hasn't found a home yet (Ashnod's Altar, for example).
It's important to note as well that while these lists are meant to cover everything as best as possible, it's highly likely that I've missed a few cards along the way. For example, during my initial collection of these lists I almost missed Desert, Ichorclaw Myr, Ichor Wellspring, and the Zuberas. If you don't see something that you feel should be in here, leave a comment at the bottom of the page. I'll make sure to add them to a small section in a recap piece I'll write later in the year to cover cards released in 2020.
With that, let's have a look at some Black and Red Pauper playables!
YouTube: Kendra Smith