- Are you Watching Closely?—Trick Jarrett bids a fond farewell to Gathering Magic after landing his dream job at Wizards of the Coast. The open position was posted here.
- Updates about the OP Changes—Aaron Forsythe’s recent tweets hint at what’s to come and who is behind the changes to organized play.
- Continued Community Reaction to OP Changes--Patrick Chapin, Chas Andres, Ari Lax, Sam Stoddard, Nassim Ketita, Brian Kibler, Jon Agely, and Magic Lampoon were among who weighed in on the changes this week.
Standard and Block
- The Twenty-Three Percent Solution—Alexander Shearer plays “Who’s the Beatdown” as he pits Solar Flare against the rest of the meta.
- The Standard Mana of Standard—Conley Woods guides players through the mana of the new format now that the fetchlands have rotated.
- Running the Gauntlet—LSV is currently piloting UB for the sake of this popular series. See how it matches up with GW Tokens.
- Mono-Blue Delver—Frank LePore gets aggressive with blue’s new one drop.
- Back to Back with Obliterator— ($SCG) Kyle Sanchez gets a little nostalgic over his new brew.
- Tezzeret Infects Las Vegas—Chris Ferber pilots the Tezzeret deck that’s been viable since rotation.
- Dissecting Fish (And Insectile Aberrations)—Todd Anderson is using his Illusions build to great effect and shares his primer here.
- Veiled Junk—Smitty’s newest brew makes good use of its three walkers and four copies of Mortarpod.
- Building Birthing Pod—Darwin Kastle’s four-color Pod deck manages to play many of the most powerful creatures in the format.
- What’s Hot in Block?—Can’t get enough of Innistrad’s tribes in draft? Carrie Oliver previews the block metagame for you.
- Innistrad Limited—($SCG) Sam Black provides an overview of the format and his preferences.
- Drafting Esper in ISD—Caleb Durward has been having great success with this synergistic shard.
- Drafting Red/Black in Innistrad—Owen Turtenwald shares his pick orders for the archetype color pair that can play out aggressively or take the combo route.
- Thoughts on Innistrad Limited—Bernhard Zander has to take a broader look at each color since synergy plays such an important role in Innistrad.
Vintage, Legacy, and Modern
- The Legacy of Brainstorm—Marius van Zundert on the potential banning of Brainstorm and the state of Legacy.
- Five Vintage Stories Told Through Cards—Vintage is a format where truly astonishing things can happen. Brian DeMars shares five of his favorites.
Casual and Variant Formats
- The Worst Thing you Can Still do to People—Sean McKeown uses a Maralen deck to illustrate how Ad Nauseam can warp the format.
- Delving into Pauper—Alex Ullman on the mono-blue Delver deck that runs a mere 14 lands.
- 3D Pauper Commander—Andrew Sitte promotes the Commander variant with his 3D alters and decklist contest.
- Zombie Infestation—Red Site Wins announces the winner of the Mimeoplasm zombie Commander challenge.
- Burning Punishment—Mike Cannon builds a causal deck around Burning Vengeance and another around Heretic’s Punishment.
- Planeswalker Magic: The Intervention—Justin Parnell believes that the number of Planeswalker cards has reached a critical mass for Cube designers
- Artifact Horde—We all knew it wouldn’t be long before Abe Sargent tried his hand at Horde Magic. Bring on the Myr!
- Introduction to Language—($SCG) Jonathan Medina on the foreign foils that fetch the most on the open market.
- Market Watch—Kelly Reid never takes his eyes off the ticker. Ever. Not even for a second.
Theory and Miscellany
- Magic Cards with Googly Eyes—This is the blog that launched a thousand tweets. Loads of fun!
- Story Circle—PVD shares six memorable stories from his career in cardboard and the take-away lessons that have stuck with him.
- Altered Reality #4—The polls are now open for the Winter Wonderland challenge. Is it too early to do a little holiday shopping for yourself…check out those artist websites!
- Systems and Magic Two: Cascades and Influence—Chingsung Chang advocates for a unified approach to each match.