- PTQ Season—Modern will soon be making its PTQ premier.
- An Open Letter on Planeswalker Points—Several heavy hitters made big waves in the community with this petition against the current incentive system.
- Wizards reveals Mentor Mode—A new MtGO mode allows players to teach friends using a Jace avatar.
Standard and Block
- Magic Candy (SCG$) — Brad Nelson picks his specific lists for each of the top-ten archetypes after the conclusion of the 2011’s.
- Solar Flare by the Numbers—Alexander Shearer flashes back to a classic archetype that is established itself as Standard’s new end boss.
- Winning Wisconsin States—Owen Turtenwald trampled over his opponents with Wolf Run Ramp
- 1st with Township Tokens—Mikael Conrow put another Innistrad land, Gavony Township, to good use and took home the gold in Virginia.
- UBlack to the Future—Josh Silvestri knew land disruption was going to be important heading into States, so he teamed up Ghost Quarters with a card advantage engine.
- Four! An Arizona States Report—Adam Proezak also likes UB, which took him to a first-place finish in AZ.
- That Bearl is Poison—Ken Bearl is running the infectious new mono-black brew that’s been becoming more and more popular.
- Going Tribal—Darwin Kastle thinks Goblins, Myr, and Humans as the closest to tier one amongst the tribal contenders.
- Garruk vs. Garruk for Baltimore—Todd Anderson considers the correct Planeswalker split in Wolf Run decks.
- Burning through States—Jonathan Sukenik’s Izzet brew keeps bringing pain.
- Puny Humans—Mike Cannon has a budget WW deck that makes Adaptive Automaton an honorary human.
- Werewolf Bar Mitzvah—Frank Lepore’s got a few fresh ideas for those already tired of seeing the same old decks.
- Modern Zoo—Blackborder’s guide to the many variations on Zoo available to the Modern mage.
- Innistrad Limited Overview—Matthew Watkins watched over ten hours of sealed deck replays and distilled the lesson he learned into this informative article.
- Sealed Deck with Kibler (SCG$) — Brian Kibler opts for a UB build with his virtual pool.
- Innistrad Sealed Deck #1—LSV goes UW in this sealed deck video.
Vintage, Legacy, and Modern
- Killing myself on Camera—Caleb Durward has a Past in Flames list in Legacy and a UB deck for Type Two.
- Elvish Pioneers—Adam Barnello has a handle on eternal Elves.
Casual and Variant Formats
- Commanding Planeswalkers, Part 1—Jeremy Blair begins his series on Planeswalker viability in Commander with White and Red.
- The Top-Ten Utility Creatures of All Tie—Abe Sargent’s list includes several famous green and blue creatures.
- How to Negotiate—Chas Andres applies “Who’s the Beatdown” to the trade tables.
- Guess Who’s Back (SCG$) — Jonathan Medina gets back to building his Modern portfolio after the PT announcement.
- Post States Recession (QS$) — Chad Havas on how to come out ahead after the market floods with format staples.
Theory and Miscellany
- A Family of Magic—Gavin Verhey closes one chapter in his Magic career and looks ahead to his new position at WotC.
- Welcome to Magic—Jesse Mason on the “horrible truths” we know all too well including the four opponents you’ll face at your first FNM.
- Survival Guide for the Weekend Warrior—Matt Sperling helps those with minimal time to prepare maximize their preparation time.
- Magic, Philanthropy, and You—Mike Linnemann on the power of giving back to the community.